Have an account?

Recent Posts

Monday, July 26, 2010

Charles Hamilton Interview With Bossip

Charles Hamilton: Basically my stay here[NY Presbyterian Mental Hospital] is like identical to my stay in the industry. As far as being the new guy in here having to deal with politics & people trying to control you. The critics would have to be the doctors and the rounds [medicine guys]. So you can say this is like an experiment to see if the industry is really like an asylum or if I was the one bugging. Some say the Industry is like High School but it’s just like a [mental hospital].

So Who Are You Fellow Artists???

Charles Hamilton: My fellow artists would have to be my fellow patients, and they’re just as frustrated as [rappers] cause they have to take their meds and the patients in the Industry [rappers] have to take their medicine which is Industry politics. I’m the retard who takes of my med bracelet and I just do exactly what I’m not supposed to do. All I would normally do, like the stuff I do people think its irregular and people that really know me are like whats everyone mad about he’s just being himself. In this hospital I can really be my natural self. Just like I am in the Industry but everyone is so content with putting up this fake imagery that feel like being yourself ruins your image. Everything I’ve done in this industry, whether it was based on outside speculation, peer pressure, or the outside feeling I was being extorted or the outside feeling I was buggin out, I remained true to me. I do it like I’ve done everything else in my life, it’s just like I’VE ALWAYS BEEN VALEDICTORIAN MATERIAL BUT I’VE MADE SURE I WAS THE CLASS FAILURE just to prove a point to administrators and the people who make money off students in the school. I’m the kid in the back of the class that will probably get beat up by all your favorite bullies and is smarter than any kid that’s ever stepped into the school but is failing…

What Are You Trying To Accomplish???

Charles Hamilton: PEACE OF MIND

Is This Not Possible On The Outside???

Charles Hamilton: Interesting question. No safer way to answer it other than the reason why I’m here is in the music. Definitely will reveal itself in the music even more when I get out.

So How Far Does Your Love Of Music Go???

Charles Hamilton: Too far, that was one of the reasons I checked in here. All I wanted to do and still want to do is make music. It got to the point where I started talking in rhymes all the time, even in just regular conversations. And music just became me, so I thought it’d be a good idea if i checked into the hospital just to get my mind right.

Do You Think There’s An Evil Force Driving The Hip-Hop Industry Right Now???

Charles Hamilton: I think once you get into the Industry, it’s not even about Hip-Hop anymore, they just want to make their money. They don’t care if you wack or not, as long as they get a dollar off you they’re going to use you.

What’s The Wale Situation???

Charles Hamilton: I think I was just a guy he was going to diss at the end of his freestyles. No situation. Ni**as just think it’s cool to diss me.

Kanye?

Charles Hamilton: He’s working on his new album that’s dropping soon. September 14th. I would love a Kanye/Charles Hamilton collabo. But I guess who know’s if that’s going to happen in the future.

Know You and B.O.B are real close??? He’s been showing support???

Charles Hamilton: Shouts to Bobby Ray Simmons. B.O.B. to y’all. He is, by a mile, the only artist who has reached out to me. Anyway, BoB is doing what he must in this business. I wish I had the desire to be a megastar. As it stands now, I only want to be the Charlie Llama. A voice youth of all ages can turn to for a sense of unparalleled paralleled friendship and companionship.

What Are Your Thoughts On The Current State Of Hip-Hop???

Charles Hamilton: What do you call baseball players on steroids, Lindsay Lohan, and Wall Street???

What???

Charles Hamilton: The current state of the Hip Hop Game.







http://bossip.com/270450/bossip-exclusive-first-rapper-charles-hamilton-gets-punked-by-his-baby-mama-and-now-hes-in-a-mental-institution/



HE'S EVERYWHERE!! good for him!


+++Super




DOWNLOAD MELVINS TAPE BELOW

(he's part of the team now and will be blogging

since SONGHA never wants to be on here)

0 Starchasing Opinions:

WiCH Staff

My photo
Twitter.com/ChrisdotRivera